Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I Will Not Be Falling Into the Gap

I gave up many things when we moved away from Texas: the culture, the mild winters, Tex-Mex on every corner, and most importantly, our family.

This was tempered by the perks of the DC area: beautiful scenery, four seasons, a great job for Joe, and most importantly, being able to walk to stores like the Gap.

HOWEVER,  the Reston Gap has closed down.  (Local peeps, are you aware of this?)  I am a little ashamed to admit that upon researching this topic it appears the store actually closed down 2.5 months ago due to a lease issue.  But what can I say?  I don't get out much during the winter months.  And I swear I was in there days before the closing buying a gift for Mari's new baby.

All this to say: BARBARIC.  What am I supposed to do?  Go all the way to the mall to conduct Gap-related business?  It's just all very shocking.

And I don't want to brag, but I should mention that I can still walk to Anthro and J.Crew.

I'll be back on Friday with a post of actual significance. It was supposed to be today's but what can I say?  I'm tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment