Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Happy Mother's Day Mama!

For all those times you:

  • Got up with me in the middle of the night (and get up with my babies in the middle of the night)
  • Painstakingly taught me a task that would have been easier to quickly complete yourself
  • Vacuumed with someone attached to your leg 
  • Disciplined me when you were tired and would have rather let it go
  • Cleaned up throw up...in the middle of the night
  • Sat through weekends of volleyball games
  • Fixed my lunch to take to school (PBJ, cheetos, cookies)
  • Gave me grace when I didn't deserve it
  • Drove my friends and I around
  • Did without so I could have more
  • Held me while I cried
  • Faithfully prayed for me
  • Listened to me plead my case (oh, the belly button ring)
  • Let me talk things over and over and over (friends, boys, coaches, kids)
  • Spoke the truth over me, even when I didn't want to hear it
  • Showed up at a moment's notice...and continue to do so
  • Were on my team (and my biggest fan)


....and so much more.


Thank you.  Thank you. Thank you.  The word "hero" is just not enough.

Love you so much.


p.s. Just for the record, this seems like such a paltry list for everything you do.

p.p.s. Sorry I don't have a list of recent sermons that reminded me of you.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment