Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Few Words Wednesday, Vol. 10


I know the beach pictures are probably getting a little repetitious these days, but really, it's the only thing we do anymore.  Saturday mornings (and holidays like today) we get up early(ish) and head to the beach for a couple of hours before everyone else gets there.  Although we only live about 3 miles from the beach as the crow flies, our favorite one is about a 20-25 minute drive.  We pack a few snacks and towels, rent an umbrella for $2.50 once we get there (kind of reminiscent to renting a sled on the side of the road in the mountains) and PLAY until the boys give out.  

Last night Khadija and her kids spent the night while Joe and I attended to our duties at the embassy's big Fourth of July party, so they came along with us to the beach today.  

It's always a race to beat G into the water.
I gave up the "J wearing a hat" fight today and sprayed his head down with sunscreen.
I will stand all day, but no, I will NOT walk.
Hiba and J.  I have to brag on this boy.  He sat and played by himself in the sand today for about an hour.  I know my time is short before I am chasing him up and down the beach.  
"Bury me, Daddy!"
Matt came along with his surf board at the end.  G was all about it.  Especially when Daddy took it out for a spin.  He could NOT understand why he couldn't go too!


Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment